At Richmond Hill, we are dedicated to providing a safe environment for our pupils. For information on our Safeguarding procedures, policy and curriculum links, please see below.
E-Safety awareness and understanding is of great importance for our pupils, who are growing up with technology at every turn. E-Safety is taught both as part of the Computing curriculum, whilst also being integrated within our day-to-day practice and discussion. Cross-curricular links are made within our Prevent and SMSC agendas, as well as our RSE curriculum and Health Education statutory guidance.
Children are exposed to a developing e-safety programme throughout their time in school, accessing age-appropriate messages and content that help them: to use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly. In order to develop this, The Rose Learning Trust are implementing the use of the Gooseberry Planet platform in all of our schools, ahead of the 2019/2020 academic year. For more information on this development, please see below.
Through our curriculum we cover a range of topics, and use a range of methods, including:
- Prevent – radicalism and extremism
- Cyber Security – Phishing/Whaling, etc.
- E-Safety – sexting/grooming, personal safety online, etc.
- Mental Health, Wellbeing & Mindfulness
- Essential Life Skills – road safety/swimming
- Interventions – enhanced social and emotional programmes, to support the needs of more vulnerable children
- CSE – Pants, Alright Charlie
- Fire Drills and Security Drills
- PCSO Visits
- School Nurse Visits
- Anti-bullying Week, safety weeks, Healthy Week, LGBTQ Week
- Ongoing staff training
Assemblies are also utilised to further instil the above throughout the school.
Ahead of the 2019/2020 academic year, our Trust will be adopting the Gooseberry Planet platform. Gooseberry Planet is a software platform designed to teach pupils, parents and school staff about the dangers of the online world, through game-based learning. This covers topics including, but not limited to:
- Sexual Exploitation and Grooming
- Emailing and live gaming
- Webcams and live streaming
- Social networking and people online
- Meeting up and chat rooms
- Online Bullying
For more information on this platform, please see the Gooseberry Planet link at the top of the page or, to view the Parents information page, click here.
- Mrs Cousins – Executive Safeguarding Lead (Rose Learning Trust) – Advanced Safeguarding, Prevent WRAP 3 and Safer Recruitment trained
- Mrs O’Keeffe – Designated Safeguarding Lead – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mrs Lord – Deputy Safeguarding Lead – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mrs Secker – Principal – Advanced Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment trained
- Mr Norton – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mrs Millar – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mrs Bickerstaffe – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mr Armstrong – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mrs Robinson – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Miss Smith – Advanced Safeguarding trained
Mavis Latham – Safeguarding Governor – Safeguarding Level 1 and Safer Recruitment trained
All staff are Level 1 Safeguarding trained and are required to complete annual updates to their training.
- Anti-bullying/Peer on Peer Abuse Policy
- Anti-racist Policy
- Children Missing in Education Policy
- Child Sexual Exploitation Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- E-Safety Scheme of Work
- Inter-Agency Escalation Policy
- Intimate Care Policy
- Looked After Children Policy
- PREVENT Duty Risk Assessment
- PREVENT Policy
- PREVENT Self-Assessment
- Pupil Attendance and Punctuality Policy
- Pupil Privacy Notice
- Relationships and Sex Education/PSHCE
- RSHE and Trans Inclusion Policy
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy
- Safeguarding/E-Safety Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Positive Handling Policy